Beauty Spots in BalmoralThe Balmoral castle
Original purchased by Queen Victoria in 1848, Balmoral has been the main Scottish home for the Royal family ever since (Holyrood Palace in Edinburgh is mainly only used for ceremonial purposes). It is open to the public from 1st April to 31st July. A significant proportion of the Estate is also open to the public via the The Spittal of Glen Muick where there is a ranger service and walks up the seven Munro's that are situated within the estate. The closest town to the Castle is Ballater and is remarkeable for the quantity of businesses with Royal Warrants displayed outside.
The Balmoral area is situated in Royal Deeside which is as beautiful a river as can be found anywhere in Scotland. There are many beautiful viewpoints that can be found by researching the Queen Victoria trails which highlight the favourite walks around the area of the turn of century monach. However Private House Stays highlights the following: Cambus O May Forest Walk, Jocks Road and Capel Track (with special mountain bike trails), Loch Muick and Lochnager Wildlife Reserve, Morrone Birchwood Nature Reserve, Pannanich Wells and Burn O Vat.
Return To Main Balmoral Listing