The southwest of Fife was built on Coal and linoleum and other industries that are much run-down whereas the prosperous-looking rural northeast couldn't be more different. Northeast Fife consists of St Andrews and the East Neuk and this is the area to see. The East Neuk of Fife is a string of beautiful old fishing villages. Other destinations worth a visit are Falkland, Cupar and the Howe of Fife. Here, you'll find Falkland Palace, one of Scotland's most remarkable historic buildings. The Fife Coastal trail is a favourite amongst walkers. For the purposes of dividing Fife, the Private House Stays categorisation of attractions, lists all attractions East and South of Cupar as being part of the East Neuk villages.
Places in Fife
St Andrews cathedral and castle bear witness to its former importance, while the Royal and Ancient Golf Club is golf's…
East Neuk Villages
The East Neuk Villages of Fife are situated on the North shore of the Firth of Forth and mostly were…
Things to do in Fife
Tentsmuir National Nature Reserve
Tentsmuir National Nature Reserve and Eden Estuary Local Nature Reserve are on the east coast of Scotland, just north of St Andrews in Fife.
Hill of Tarvit
Hill of Tarvit is a 20th-century mansion and garden in Fife, Scotland. It was designed by Sir Robert Lorimer and is now owned by the National Trust of Scotland.
Cairnie Fruit Farm & Mega Maze
Cairnie Fruit Farm & Mega Maze is located outside Cupar, Fife, full of excitement and fun, full of wonderful family joy. Established in 1970, Cairnie Fruit Farm & Mega Maze are award-winning local landmarks, located in the beautiful countryside of Fife.
The remains of Burleigh Castle are located outside the village of Milnathort, 1.5 miles north of Kinross in Perth and Kinross, Scotland. The castle dates back to the 15th and 16th centuries and is now located on the A911 road, opposite the 19th-century castle, which has recently been converted into a house.
Lochleven Castle is a ruined castle that stands on an island in Loch Leven, in the Perth and Kinross region of Scotland. It was probably built around 1300; it was besieged during the Scottish Wars of Independence (1296-1357). At the end of the 14th century, the castle was granted to William Douglas, 1st Earl of Douglas, and remained in Douglas's hands for three centuries. Today, the castle remains are protected as a Grade A listed monument and are owned by Historic Scotland. It is open to the public in the summer and is accessible by ferry.