The belvedere Temple of Venus, designed by William Adam, offers views of the Deveron River, the bridge, the Duff House and the golf course, and the Royal Burgh of Banff.
This temple was built together with Duff House in 1737. It was initially dedicated to the statue of Venus, but in 1906 the Duke of Fife gave its house and property to Banff.
And the people of Macduff were demolished. Since the discovery of the Bronze Age in 1769, this temple has been standing on the Hill o Doune and has been an archaeological site for centuries. The locals also believe that the farm near the temple is a fortress's location with a Pictish wooden fence surrounding it 1200 years ago.