The Anchor Mill is located on the White Cart River and brook creek in Paisley. It is a domestic finishing factory designed by architects Woodhouse and Morley in 1886. This A-level listed building, with its elegant arched windows and fiery red brick facade, once played a crucial role in the global cotton economy but was closed in 1980 due to the rapid decline.
The newly restored Anchor Mill was opened in June 2005 by His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, making the local community very happy. To this day, this still reminds people of Paisley's proud industrial history and forward-looking future.