Completed in 1882, this Victorian Gothic building was the Town House of the Royal Burgh of Inverness and now serves as the Inverness area office of the Highland Council. Built-in the Flemish-Baronial style on the corner of Castle Street and High Street. The interior are sizeable Town Hall, Council Chambers, and a committee room. It was the first and only cabinet meeting outside London until the practice was reintroduced in 2008. The townhouse was the site of the Inverness Town Council until it was replaced by the Glenurquhart Road building in the 1960s. It is still used for meetings, civic gatherings, concerts, and civil weddings.