Church of the Holy Rude



The Church of the Holy Rude was founded in 1129 as Stirling's Parish Church, though the current building was built in 1414, making it Stirling's second oldest building behind Stirling Castle. The church was named after the Holy Rude, a relic of the true cross. It is a gorgeous example of gothic architecture, as well as a wonderful historic site; as many Kings of Scotland have been crowned at the church, it is located nearby to Stirling Castle and is a wonderful place to worship and enjoy history.

Where we are

St John St, Stirling

Get directions