1. Definitions: We are Private House Stays Ltd, an association of private, boutique or owner occupied bed and breakfasts or small hotels having its place of business at 9c Scotland Street, Edinburgh, EH3 6PP and managed and operated by Archie Bouverie ("the Association"). In these terms and conditions when we refer to "we" we mean the Association. Our telephone number is 0131 556 5080. The words "us", "our" etc. will be construed accordingly. When we refer to "you" we mean the mean the user and/or browser of this web site (the "website").
3. About Linking by Hypertext to the Sites Before providing a link to any of the Sites or Site Information (as defined below), you must seek our permission. To do this, email email@example.com with details of the URL which you wish to link to which forms part of the Sites and the URL of the page on which you will be displaying the link. We do not permit the display of any web pages which form part of the Sites or Site Information in any html frame unless we have expressly authorised such display in writing.
4. Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Rights in the Sites For the purposes of these terms and conditions the expression "Site Information" means the images, graphics, photographs, text, animations, videos or applets operating within, or which form part of, the Sites. Unless otherwise expressly stated, all intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright, trade marks, service marks, database rights and trading names) in the Site Information are owned by us. The intellectual property rights of the scripts, design and code of these sites are owned by Archie Bouverie. We may publish photographs, images or text on the Sites in which the copyright is not owned by us. Where this is done, and where practicable, we acknowledge the copyright owner. Properties with a weblink on their listings and Accommodation listings without weblinks use text and images from the website of the weblink. In these cases the copywrite is retained by the owner of the website being linked to. Private House Stays takes no responsibility for the legitimacy of the copywrite of text or images on these listings. You may view the Site Information in a web browser for private browsing purposes only. Copying the Site Information into a computer cache or storage device for private on or off-line browsing purposes is also permitted. You may not make a copy of the Site Information or any part of it for any other purpose without our prior written consent, which may be granted at our sole discretion (or where we do not own the copyright, we will direct you to the owners themselves for such consent (where reasonably practicable)). Furthermore, and without prejudice to the foregoing, you are not permitted to use, display or otherwise incorporate the Site Information into any web page which does not form part of the Sites by hypertext link, or by any other means other than copying, without our prior written consent. Nothing in these terms and conditions or on the Sites constitutes a licence to use or copy the Site Information.
5. About trade marks in the Site The Sites contain numerous trademarks belonging to us. These trade marks include, but are not limited to: If you are in doubt as to whether an item is a trademark of ours, please contact us for clarification by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We may also use some trade marks on the Site which are not owned by us. Where practicable, we acknowledge the relevant trade mark owners.
6. About the accuracy of the Site Information The Site Information is provided "as is" and we make no representation, endorsement or warranty as to its accuracy or completeness. We will not be liable for any action taken (or not taken) in reliance upon the Site Information and such action is taken entirely at your own risk. We reserve the right to make changes to the Site Information to correct any errors or omissions (at our discretion) without notice and without liability to you. External websites to which we provide hypertext links are not under our control and we take no responsibility and shall not be liable in any way for their content. For the avoidance of doubt we take no responsibility and shall not be liable in any way for any of our members websites. It is a feature of the Sites that some of the Site Information is contributed to us by different third parties (such as, without limitation, landlords and letting agents) and we do not control those parties or their information. Opinions expressed within the Site Information are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent our opinions. The Sites, like any other, are susceptible to cyber-squatting, spoofing and vandalism. We do not accept any responsibility for, nor liability in respect of any losses arising from, or information which appears on the Sites as a result of, such actions. Where the operation of the Sites depends on the input of information by you, the service provided by us depends on, and varies according to, the accuracy of such inputted information. We can therefore accept no responsibility for, nor any liability in respect of, the input of inaccurate information to the Sites by you and/or any third parties. In the unlikely event that you find any inaccurate information on the Sites or have any complaint about what we have published please email email@example.com. We will investigate on receipt and take such action which we, in our sole discretion, determine as being appropriate having regard to all the circumstances. 1.Without prejudice to any of the other provisions of these terms and conditions, please note that the details of any accommodation advertised on this website are prepared and submitted by the Association. Such details should not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. If you are interested in letting one of these properties, you should satisfy yourself by inspecting the property concerned and making all necessary enquiries and investigations. You should make your own enquiries as to any claims or statements made in the course of any property advertisement, editorial material, legal advice or other advertisement on this website. We do not guarantee that such claims or statements are correct and you should take the appropriate professional advice before making any decision based on such claims or statements.
7. We are not Landlords nor Landlords' Agents We are not agents for any of the accommodation detailed on this website and have no responsibility for the marketing of any of the accommodation you see on this website. If you become aware of any errors or misstatements on this website, we should be grateful if you would contact us immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will pass on your comments to the relevant Association member.
9. Provision of services by third parties Some of the pages which form part of the Sites may make use of technologies and applications which are provided to us and/or hosted for us by third parties. Where you make use of such technologies and applications your information may be transmitted for processing to servers other than those which host the Sites and which are not within our control. We exclude all liability to you arising from any loss or damage you may sustain as a result of such transmission or processing. We make no representation, endorsement or warranty to the accuracy of information which appears on the Sites as a result of processing by, or originating from, third parties.
10. Further information about our liability to you To the fullest extent lawfully possible, we exclude all liability to you in contract or in delict. We also exclude liability to you for any loss of profits, business, contracts, revenue, anticipated savings, goodwill, loss of or damage to data, or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever arising, including but not limited to business interruption. Without prejudice to the foregoing, our entire liability to you in connection with the use of the Sites shall be limited to £1. By using the Sites, you agree that this limitation is in all respects fair and reasonable. Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms and conditions, nothing in these terms and conditions shall, or shall be construed as purporting to, exclude or restrict liability in respect of death or personal injury for breach of duty arising in the course of business or from the occupation of business premises. In using or browsing this website, you accept that we cannot be responsible for the content of any of the accommodation detailed on the Sites and the inclusion of any such accommodation on this website does not mean that we agree with or endorse any of the statements made in any Association member's website.
12. Service Interruption and Viruses While we will make every effort to ensure that this website is free of viruses and that access is provided continuously or free of faults, it is technically impossible to provide a website free from interruptions and (except to the extent that interruptions are caused by our negligence) we make no guarantees that this website will be free from interruptions or viruses. As a consequence and in common with most web publishers we take no responsibility for service interruption or the transmission of viruses or other malicious computer code through the Sites. In addition, we may need to carry out maintenance of the web site from time to time and in doing so, we will attempt to keep disruption to the website to a minimum. We will not be held responsible for any damage to your computer or any of your property as a result of browsing this website or of downloading any of the files on this website.
13. Applicable Law These terms and conditions are governed by Scots law and you agree that any dispute between us in relation thereto shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.